At Naked Prosthetics, our goal is not to hide injuries or
amputations; instead, we provide simple, elegant, fully
functional, and high-tech solutions that are worn with pride.
A practical guide for preparing for,
adapting to, and living with limb loss.
Provide your amputee patients with the information
and resources they need to help them
adjust to life with limb loss.
Customize Your Guides:
Include your company's full-color logo and
contact information on the bottom back cover
of the Limb Loss Resource Guide. Minimum
4-box order required for customization.
Place Your Order Today!
Volume discounts are available. The Limb Loss Resource Guide
is being published by Amplitude Media Group, a new media
company owned by the publisher of The O&P EDGE.
Amplitude Media Group
The Syncor Original TES Belt was designed for clients with transfemoral amputations. The Silesian design evens out stress and eliminates the pull-down feeling associated with girdle-style belts. A wide, 360 degree, textured grip cuff grips a maximum surface with no air leaks, and a proportional adductor panel increases suspension capabilities.
Features and benefits include:
- User-friendly design includes a hand loop for easy donning/doffing.
- Replaceable Velcro® closure extends the wear of the belt.
- Low-profile design, with an anti-roll, anti-bunch panel.
- Reinforced, color-matched seams; washable.
- Sizes range from infant to XXL. Custom orders are welcome.
Texas Assistive Devices (TAD) has
introduced the N-Abler® III WHO
Soft Brace with Quick Disconnect
Palmer Unit to allow patients with
partial-hand amputation or hand
dysfunction to independently perform
activities such as eating, meal
preparation, grooming, hobby or mechanical work, carpentry,
and sports. The N-Abler system uses patented couplers for flexion
and positional rotation to attach the tools and utensils, with
componentry available for bilateral patients, too. The WHO Soft
Brace comes in four sizes and for right or left use.
Demonstration kits are available.
Contact us for more information, including L-Code
Texas Assistive Devices
Until now, all advanced vacuum systems have required a sleeve to maintain vacuum. The problem is that sleeves are bulky; they bunch behind the knee, restricting range of motion. They can also puncture, leading to a loss of vacuum.
Enter Unity™. Building on established Seal-In® technology, the Unity Sleeveless Vacuum system by Össur® is the first advanced vacuum solution to generate 15-22 in Hg of vacuum without a sleeve.
Visit www.ossur.com/unity to learn how to get certified and check out the entire line of Unity-compatible Flex-Foot feet including low-profile and microprocessor solutions.
The avalon foot provides 12° of controlled ankle motion, allowing the user to safely negotiate stairs, ramps, and environmental obstacles with increased confidence and security.
- Dorsiflexes from midstance to toe off for a smooth rollover.
- Remains dorsiflexed through swing phase for improved toe clearance, to minimize the risk of falls.
- Provides a more natural gait; reduces the need to compensate by hip hiking, circumduction, or lifting the knee to clear the toe during swing phase.
- Biomimetic ankle motion encourages equal loading during ambulation, which leads to less stress and thereby preserves the sound side.
The Spinomed® IV is the latest proven orthotic advancement for the conservative treatment of osteoporosis spinal conditions. The Spinomed IV boasts improvements that increase patient compliance and ease of use. These improvements include ergonomically shaped shoulder straps designed to ease application, flexible pelvic strap designed to form fit around the patient, modern strap design using intelligent strap loops that improve upon the patented design, and a revolutionary garment system that allows air to transfer through the orthosis, creating the most comfortable Spinomed ever!
College Park is known for high-quality and durable foot shells. Now your highest impact patients can have increased durability, and everyone can enjoy walking barefoot safely. The College Park Shelltread™ is made from abrasion-resistant styrene-butadiene rubber with a crosshatch design for enhanced nonskid capability. Easy to install and affordable, they are available in neutral and black for every size and type of College Park foot shell.
College Park Industries
Hersco has a new line of Tri Lam
custom foot orthotics with several
material choices. Tri Lam technology
layers materials of different
durometers, giving the practitioner
the ability to vary thickness and shock
absorption. Hersco Tri Lams include
Plastazote and PPT for accommodative
devices, or more durable Sky for
active patients. You can also choose the base layer of firmer cork
or softer EVA.
More information and pictures are available on our website.
Certified pedorthists are ready to answer any questions you may
have regarding our custom products.
Hersco Ortho Labs
The 1C30 Trias® is an extraordinary prosthetic foot-a combination of creative design and innovative, lightweight technology. Interconnected, dual-spring elements provide dampening at heel strike and enable a physiological rollover with excellent energy return. The result is movement similar to a natural foot.
- Dual carbon forefoot and heel springs for easy rollover.
- Adapts to various walking speeds and uneven terrain.
- Lightweight carbon construction in an attractive design.
- Functional foot shell in normal and slim versions, two colors, and two heel heights.
- New look as part of the TriAngular foot family.
The Compact Double Action Ankle Joint
(Model 725) is supplied fully assembled
and is designed specifically for use with
thermoplastics. The precontoured stainless steel
upright and stirrup reduces fabrication
time, while the low-profile and lightweight
design enhances the clinical application.
The Compact Double Action Ankle Joint,
intended for both small-adult and pediatric
patients, is designed to provide optimal
control in the sagittal plane and increase
medi is proud to announce a new addition to the innovative Panthera family of feet: the Panthera CF II-adaptable to the individual needs of the K3 or K4 amputee.
Features and benefits include:
- Finely adjustable heel and forefoot resistance via trimmable elastomer inserts.
- medi Torsion Flex Control provides multiaxial compliance via integrated elastomer layers.
- Early plantar contact for increased stability.
- Vertical shock absorption provides greater comfort.
- Fluid rollover and dynamic toe-off due to the continuous carbon spring.
New ALPS™ Guardian Suction Liners
feature a high-performance knitted fabric
cover that integrates ALPS' proprietary,
in-house knitting techniques with GripGel™
technology. The resulting material not only
increases functional improvement and
ensures durability, but also inhibits skin
breakdown and surface discoloration.
- Raised GripGel bands grip the socket wall to create a secure interface between the socket and liner to prevent slippage.
- Low-modulus GripGel bands help ensure no restriction of blood flow.
- No seams-the single-piece construction improves durability.
- For volume fluctuations, use ALPS ENCP skin reliever for continued use of the same socket.
The Pentagon® Orthosis is a
posterior fitting, single-jointed,
upright knee orthosis that provides
a patient-friendly alternative
to the traditional, bulky,
configuration. The Pentagon
Orthosis has no medial or lateral
joints or uprights and is the only system that allows the calf
and thigh segments to dynamically shorten and lengthen during
knee flexion and extension.
This system design also allows for a simplified fitting of the
knee orthosis. The unique Pentagon Orthosis design can
address up to five different mechanical knee functions-free
motion, drop lock, variable range of motion, ratchet lock, and
The Game Changer!
The BTK AMP CAM Kit allows the highest tuning of tendon response within further progression of knee flexion.
Features and benefits include:
- Mimics natural muscle function.
- Adjustable tendon durometers.
- Adjustable extension stops.
- Adjustable dampening and rebound.
- 350 lb., K4+ activity.
- Use in any environment.
- Light and strong.
- Military approved.
Breathable and lightweight, yet rigid and custom moldable! Boost patient compliance with a comfortable back support that delivers the stability your patient needs. The 3D-LITE™ LSO XTRA is designed to accommodate the healing process by applying adjustable compression and incorporating removable polyethylene anterior inserts and a 3D-LITE™ custom-moldable back panel that may be reheated and remolded.
Patient can easily slip hands into the hand loops sewn onto both anterior panels for simplified donning and doffing. Five sizes fit from 23½" to 55" waists. PDAC letter available for L-0631. Contact us to learn more!
The guide provides information about:
- Terms to know.
- Types of audits.
- Planning ahead.
- The RAC audit process.
- And more!
Ask your Endolite territory manager about getting your guide today.
Find out why CP's and amputees are
raving about this new low profile
prosthetic foot. Our Flexeon™
fiberglass composite material is 3
times more flexible than carbon
fiber and nearly indestructible. This
translates into fewer repairs, warranty
claims and higher patient satisfaction - all of which are good for
Whether the need is for above or below the knee amputees,
our unique design ensures the most stable, natural K3 mobility
and lifestyle experience for your patients.
Call today and receive a special introductory discount on
your first two orders.
- Allows greater freedom of movement for crawling and other activities.
- Adheres to modern treatment protocol for talipes equinovarus (clubfoot).
- Quick and easy detachment for diaper changes, donning, and doffing.
- Permits standing and full weight bearing.
- Adjustable bar width accommodates growth.
- Allows shoe wear with the orthosis.
- Lightweight and versatile design.
- Developed by leading clinical pediatric orthotists.
The new VENUM1 LSO and TLSO
one-size-fits-all line features a
drawstring pulley system that is easy
to use and simple to pull. The sleek
design and lightweight, less bulky
product are features to look for in
this brace. Each VENUM1 has a
built-in anterior panel and removable
posterior panels that can be
retrofitted from a TLSO and break
down to a simple corset.
The Stride4™ Shadow is a lightweight KAFO that combines structural strength and cosmetic appeal with the new Stride4 mechanical stance control orthotic knee joint from Becker Orthopedic.
Stride4 features include:
- Three operation modes: stance control, free motion, and locked with stance phase knee flexion.
- Four-bar linkage mechanism to afford stability and mimic anatomical knee motion.
- Integrated extension assist.
The inherent rigidity of the Stride4 Shadow ensures that optimal joint alignment and function is maintained throughout the gait cycle.
Finally, the elegance of a heeled shoe
specially designed for women with
diabetes. The patent pending forefoot
design provides pressure relief for
all-day comfort, and the BOA® closure
system provides an adjustable, secure
fit. You can find all of the beautiful
styles in Dr. Comfort's Classic Heels
Comfort Collection online.
- Forefoot design acts like a metatarsal bar to help relieve forefoot pressure.
- Adjustable, secure-fitting BOA® closure system.
- PDAC assigned code A-5500.
Coyote Composite is made by melting basalt (volcanic rock),
which is then extruded into a filament and braided to our
proprietary specifications for use in prosthetics and orthotics.
Basalt has applications in fields that demand extremely tough,
lightweight material that retains flexibility, including the aerospace
and hockey equipment industries.
Features and benefits include:
- Noncarcinogenic and nontoxic.
- Less itch than carbon.
- Tough and durable.
- High saturation.
- Cost effective.
- Easy to use for rigid or flexible layups.
- Fully compatible with all prosthetic resins.
- Because of its superior saturation, Coyote Composite finishes as good as, or better than, carbon laminations.
- Raised GripGel™ bands grip the socket wall to form a secure interface between the socket and liner to prevent slippage or premature release.
- Low modulus GripGel bands stretch against the socket wall, while the inner wall conforms easily to the residual limb to ensure there is no blood-flow restriction or stiffening to inhibit donning.
- Full-length inversion for ease of donning.
- High-performance, knitted fabric cover.
Specializing in lower-extremity socketry.
All of our sockets are made with a special weave and weight of
carbon fiber and fiberglass, which results in a lighter, stronger
socket that patients can count on day after day.
Evolution Industries, Inc.
Amfit is a world leader in
technology for digital casting,
design, and fabrication of
custom foot orthotic devices.
The process allows a user
to quickly cast and create a
full custom product quickly,
accurately, and at low-cost.
Choose from two 3D scanners-the Contact Digitizer™
or Impress Scanner-and combine with an on-site Amfit
CAD/CAM Mill or Amfit Lab Services offered by our skilled
technicians. Correct & Confirm™ design software allows detailed
prescriptions to be easily satisfied. Amfit combines cutting-edge
technology and more than 25 years of experience serving foot
care professionals worldwide.
Spinal Technology is a leading central fabricator of spinal orthoses and
upper- and lower-limb orthoses and prostheses. Our ABC-certified staff of orthotists and prosthetists collaborate with highly skilled, experienced technicians to provide the highest quality products and fastest delivery time, including weekends and holidays, as well as unparalleled customer support in the industry.
Spinal Technology is the exclusive manufacturer of the Providence Scoliosis System, a nocturnal bracing system designed to prevent the progression of scoliosis, and the patented FlexFoam™ spinal orthosis.
A complete system for cost-effective
automation in facilities of all sizes.
Scan, modify, carve, and
thermoform. The cordless S1
Scanner allows fast, accurate 3D
shape capture with unmatched
ease of use and at low cost. Newly
released ProvelCAD modification
software is easy to use and
template based. The C7 Carver
is not only fast and precise, its self-contained dust collection
system is extremely quiet. The T7 Thermoformer, now with
IR sensing, consistently produces high-quality thermoplastic
sockets from industry-standard preforms. Compatible with
AOP, OBJ, and STL files.
A program designed to help optimize your materials costs.
With the challenges facing O&P care providers, it's becoming more difficult to provide high-quality patient care while managing a business. The SPS Rewards Program ensures you are getting the best value for the products you need to run your business. To learn more and register for the SPS Rewards Program, contact your SPS sales manager.
Accepting Applications Now!
Begin your P&O career at NUPOC! Learn from leaders in the P&O profession! The NUPOC MPO is a 21-month graduate curriculum that prepares you to enter an accredited residency, sit for certification examinations, and become a P&O practitioner.
The online portion of the program includes live and streamed lectures, videoconference discussions, group projects, and case-study sessions that help you learn, apply, and review knowledge.
The on-campus practicum offers supervised opportunities to practice technical and clinical skills with patient models who have neuromusculoskeletal impairments.
Northwestern University Prosthetics-Orthotics Center
Feinberg School of Medicine