The new ALPS FSL liner (FSL) is the perfect application for amputees with poor manual dexterity, and for vascular patients.
- Minimal socket rotation is achieved by maximizing contact with the socket-wall surface area in a uniform 6mm profile.
- Maximum comfort is delivered while allowing shear forces on the skin to be redistributed.
- Unrestricted stretch provides greater elasticity so that the FSL can be rolled on and off as simply as a sock.
- The absence of a fabric cover allows ALPS GripGEL™ to conform to the residual limb as needed without constricting the proximal end.
- No special lamination processes needed.
Get more use out of your PDQ Infrared oven by installing the Oven Fan Kit. Powered by shop air, the kit reduces production time for O&P plastics by up to 20 percent and provides controlled heating of pre-preg and TFC materials. Available as a factory-installed option on a new oven, the Fan Kit can also be retrofitted to an existing PDQ Infrared oven in about an hour. Fits all models except BT-1.
The OP4 boasts an innovative combination of friction brake and pneumatic swing control in one sleek package.
Features of the OP4 include:
- Incredibly light (600g).
- Friction brake is adjustable to release before toe-off for smoother ambulation.
- Powerful pneumatic cylinder handles wide variations in cadence.
- Patients can transition from security to dynamic capability due to combination of braking system and pneumatics.
- Designed especially for the moderate to full K3 ambulator weighing up to 220 lb.
See our ad in the May 2009 EDGE for our free gift promotion.
Matrix Curve is a low-profile spiral AFO design that is now available from SPS. Its custom-fit composite structure provides infinite patient possibilities.
The dynamic, slim, low-profile design is an excellent choice for low- to high-activity-level wearers with unilateral or bilateral drop foot.
- Optimal energy-efficient gait.
- Custom-fit calf band and footplate.
- Lateral strut.
- Slim, lightweight, carbon-composite AFO.
Trulife's Matrix Curve is available in four sizes, from small (foot lengths less than 25cm) to extra-large (foot lengths of 26-31cm), based on the wearer's shoe size.
The FullStride™ Shadow from Becker Oregon is a lightweight KAFO that combines structural strength and cosmetic appeal with the FullStride mechanical stance-control orthotic knee joint. The inherent rigidity of the FullStride Shadow ensures that optimal joint alignment and function is maintained throughout the gait cycle. Constructed of lightweight and rigid composite materials, the FullStride Shadow's sleek and open design offers patients an unparalleled blend of form and function.
Euro International is proud to introduce the new
Rotation Adapter, REF# 10A10/T, by Streifeneder
ortho.production. Made of titanium, the Rotation
Adapter allows your patients to easily maneuver everyday
tasks with more comfort and ease. It has a proximal adjustment core
and a distal adjustment-core acceptance. It weighs in at just 195g
(0.429 lb.), and the press button activates the rotating mechanism
and contains an automatic locking system, which gives patients
security. The maximum weight is 125kg (275 lb.), and it has an
effective height of 34mm.
The new BK U-Flates, available through SPS, are sized specifically for transtibial applications.
Along with the shorter, 24-in. length comes a smaller price tag. BK U-Flates, from PRS, are priced 42% lower than the list price of a regular U-Flate.
BK U-Flates' features include:
- Thirty-three standard skin colors.
- Four sizes.
- Shorter length to accommodate a BK prosthesis.
- Highly durable skin at a tremendous value.
Less waste and better pricing. Call for color swatches if needed.
Now through June 30, 2009, receive a free 12-can polar-blue custom cooler with every SPS purchase order for any Renegade® family prosthetic foot, including those with the new sandal-toe option.
Just in time for warmer weather, the new sandal-toe option allows Renegade users to wear sandals or "flip-flops." Available on all Renegade models in sizes 22-28cm.
The polar-blue custom cooler has a unique side-angled lid design with Velcro® opening for easy access to the main compartment. Front slip and micro-mesh pockets, key ring, and metal beverage wrench make it a must for summer activities.
Tamarack and Becker Orthopedic introduce a unique flexure-hinge technology that virtually eliminates the limitations of earlier flexure hinges, allowing practitioners to meet client needs while delivering cosmetic and fabrication benefits. Three sizes provide strength, durability, and ease of fabrication for thermoplastic orthoses.
Model 740 Free Motion features self-aligning medial and lateral joint axes for easy installation. The patented high-strength inner core reduces unwanted joint elongation and improves strength.
Model 742 Dorsiflexion Assist (shown 742-95) features motion-assist power, typical of traditional metal joints, without the added bulk and weight.
PEL Supply Company
No Compromise? No Problem!
The ultimate in versatility, shock absorption, rotation, and stability in one compact package.
- Dynamic, precision-engineered spring incorporates vertical compression and axial rotation.
- Progressive response to axial loading, which is most similar to the elastic properties of the natural muscles.
- Compact, maintenance-free design allows for easy cosmetic finish.
- Foot shell and glide sock included.
- Ships fully assembled.
- 365 lb. weight rating, 36-month warranty.
Becker now offers the Shoulder Abduction Rotation Orthosis (SARO) in additional sizes and increased adjustability to enhance its clinical application. Since 2002, the SARO has gained wide acceptance in the O&P community and has been used successfully for pre- and post-operative management of the pediatric shoulder joint.
- Increased adjustability at the shoulder and elbow joints.
- Available in large and extra-large sizes.
- Humeral cuff with raised posterior wall for additional control.
- Lightweight, universal design can be used for the left or right shoulder.
Now through April 30, 2009, receive an additional 10 percent off all SPS purchases of the Liner-Liner®. Engineered to be worn under a liner and next to the skin, the Liner-Liner is fabricated of thin, high-stretch material that provides a degree of skin grip while relieving skin shear irritations.
- Tested and proven beneficial for many amputees who wear liners as the primary interface.
- Relieves skin-shear irritations and improves comfort with liners.
- X-Static® silver fibers fight bacteria and odor and transport heat and moisture away from the limb.
- Washable interface keeps liner cleaner and helps control skin irritation.
Friddle's Orthopedic is proud to introduce its new line of tattoo on-the-spot transfers. These great black-and-white tattoos come in several shapes and themes, from Celtic crosses and knots to dragons, skulls, and much more!
Look for the tattoo transfers on Friddle's website, or call us to receive a free poster, which includes our complete line of transfers.
Friddle's Orthopedic Appliances
Now you can have a choice. OPTEC is offering the
revolutionary Stealth and
Vertamax orthoses in new, appealing colors. The
Stealth and Vertamax will be
offered in white and beige respectively. Both spinal systems will
continue to be available in black.
The Stealth and the Vertamax
continue to offer superior support and comfort, which your patients
deserve. Call today for a free 30-day trial sample of the
Stealth and Vertamax.
SPS has immediate availability of SureFit's expanded line of diabetic shoes to all O&P customers.
Existing SPS customers may order any SureFit shoe directly from SPS customer service as of April 1, 2009. SureFit's diabetic shoe offering extends SPS' high-quality name brands through the addition of New Balance®, Rockport®, Hush Puppies®, and Red Wing®.
SureFit has the perfect complement of diabetic shoes to fit even your most discerning patient. Whether your patients want casual wear with supple full-grain leather uppers or stylish shoes to complement a busy lifestyle and modern flair, SureFit has the selection to meet their needs.
When an insole just isn't enough, the
pulls the talocrual and subtalar joints laterally to reposition them under the tibia.
ToeOFF T-Strap features include:
Quick, easy application. Distal end attaches to the
footplate, and the proximal "T" wraps around the ankle and attaches to a lateral strut.
- Easily customizes to patient's medial malleolus height.
- Easy to position over the malleolus.
- Plastazote® core can be heated to improve shape and fit.
- Durable, breathable outer. Polyester padding comforts the skin.
Ohio Willow Wood designed and tested P-POD™ products specifically for active children.
- P-POD Feet: For children just starting to walk, the P-POD SACH foot is ideal. As gait develops, the P-POD Impulse Foot, which offers toe response, is appropriate.
- P-POD Liners: Durable, abrasion-resistant pediatric Alpha® Liners provide protection and comfort.
- P-POD Foundation: A variety of endoskeletal components provide a solid, dependable base for a prosthesis.
- Mini G-Lock: For suspension applications, the Mini G-Lock was designed for pediatric amputees. CAD-friendly and easy to fabricate.
Ohio Willow Wood
The ESP FlexiSport™ Sleeve is the perfect solution for transtibial standard suction socket applications. The FlexiSport Sleeve is 3/16 in. thick and made from a heavy-duty, latex-free material. Made in the USA quality, at a competitive price.
- Nylon-reinforced knee inside and out.
- Textured interior grip.
- Perfect for use with ESP Lyn Valve® BK, BK2, or RV Slide.
- Preflexed to 45 degrees for maximum range of motion.
- Custom sizes available.
- Textured interior for secure grip.
- Three-month warranty.
Can't get the custom shoes to fit? Apis now
offers the solution! For a flat fee per pair (one pair of
custom-made inserts included), pick any style from the catalog.
More than 70 styles are available. Don't fit? Don't pay!
- Semi-surgical opening, surgical opening, composite toe
- Thermozote lining, padded tongue, padded collar, leather
- Rigid sole, semi-rigid sole, heavy-duty lug sole, ¾-length
- Forefoot rocker, mild rocker, heel-to-toe rocker, bevel
Apis Footwear Co.
Dycor's new "K Series" K2 Flexible Keel prosthetic foot (L-5972) is ideal for unassisted transfer. The design is similar to the K1 Flexible "K Series" foot but incorporates a firmer dorsiflexion bumper. For bilateral transfer, the K2 Flexible Keel prosthetic foot should be used in conjunction with a K2 Energy Storing "K Series" foot (dominant side). The 26 cm foot, including the integrated foot shell, weighs 7 oz. (198g). Weight limit is 99-295 lb., depending on size.
Human Intelligence Technology (HI-Tech) is a new company. We're featuring the Jim Smith one-ply filler sock this month.
Amputees wearing cotton cast socks often complain about their durability. Our filler sock is a 50/50 cotton/polyester blend with a nylon-reinforced toe. They last longer than cotton cast socks and are less expensive than one-ply prosthetic socks.
- No side seam.
- With or without distal hole.
- Circumferential stretch.
- Great price and quality.
- Does not ravel when cut.
Sold in packages of one dozen. Exceptional service and no backorder delays!
Human Intelligence Technology (HI-Tech)
A Revolution in Clubfoot Treatment
Matthew Dobbs, MD, designed this new
dynamic clubfoot bar
to allow active movement, preserve muscle strength in the foot and ankle, and be less restrictive to the child than traditional fixed bars. Children using the Dobbs Bar can crawl and kick their legs independently. Children will sleep better because they can get comfortable in the
, and heel blisters commonly associated with fixed bars are no longer a problem. The
is available in two sizes, small (6 to 9 in.) and regular (8 to 14 in.). The bar is adjustable through each size range to accomodate growth. The foot plates are universal and can be attached to shoes and AFOs. The results are better compliance, a more active child, and happier parents.
D-Bar Enterprises LLC
Provel offers cost-effective, fast, easy-to-use, and reliable
. The D2 digitizer, C5 carver, and T6 thermoformer are appropriate for small clinics as well as large central fabs. All are AOP-file compatible and backed by a two-year warranty. The D2 digitizer allows automated shape capture of prosthetic casts with unmatched accuracy. The C5 carver is not only fast and precise, its self-contained dust-collection system is extremely quiet. The T6 thermoformer consistently produces high-quality thermoplastic sockets from industry-standard preforms.